Thursday, November 12, 2009

Dreaming in a dream....

Tired and exhausted, I squatted on the shoulder of the dirt road. I leaned back on the dirty milestone gazing at the setting Sun. I knew it would be dark very soon. In winter, days were always too short. Looking away from the setting Sun I looked down to where the dirt road lead. It was already dark and I squinted in the dark. The dirt road was unusually empty. Seemingly unused. I was fighting fatigue. Drowsiness crept in, I gave up and dossed off.

"One cheese omlette sandwich and Orange juice pls", I placed the order and looked around. The waiter hurried towards the kitchen. The place was surprisingly empty. It was a small but cozy food joint. While I sat there drumming my fingers on the steel table, I was thinking about the next course of my journey. I could see from the corner of my eye, the waiter hurrying towards me balancing a tray containing my food.

An ear splitting blast, my face was beginning to get wet, the waiter is gone. I sat bolt upright there. I was completely soaked. It took a good amount of time for my brains to register the situation. The blast was thunder and I am soaked in rain. I was still sitting on the shoulder of the unpaved mud road in a pool of muddy rain water. Another flash of lightning showed me the entire landscape. My eyes followed the flash of light trying to see every bit of the landscape. At this point, am beginning to think how disastrous it could be if a lightning struck me. There were no shelters. Not even tall trees to shield me. Sitting bolt upright there, am the tallest thing on the ground now. Another lightning could emerge out of the clouds any time. I have to decide fast. As if pushed by some one I crept to my left and rolled over. I was stopped by something soft and puffy. It was pitch dark and I could not see anything. I squinted in the dark. Could it be a reptile? A chill went down my spine. I gathered all my energy and rolled hard to my left. I was falling.

There was a muted thud. I fell a foot down on a hard surface. I laid there for a while trying to learn what had happened to me. I woke up from my dream. While the lightning woke me from my dream inside dream, falling from the bed woke me from my outside dream. I pulled myself up and crawled into the bed. I was kickin n rolling under the big furry blanket. I crawled from under the blanket and sat on the edge of my bed. The curtains were still not drawn but I could make out it was a cloudy morning.......

The story goes like that. This post can be considered as a prologue to my previous post. While the former was a true incident, the latter is completely fabricated :) I never fell down from the cot. No never!!!

The soft and puffy thing that stopped me from rolling was the pillow I usually keep on my left.

1 comment:

  1. Great command on language dude.. I like your detailing.. its really nice to think about the thinks which we dream.

    Good work ! looking forward more from you ..........

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts

Recent Posts