Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Rainy Weekend

The start of second week of this November was not so exciting. It was a late Sunday morning and I was still in my bed kickin n rolling, unable to decide whether to get out of my bed and start the day or to curl up there under my huge furry blanket. The curtains were still not drawn but I could make out it was a cloudy morning. I loved rain, but I hated the idea of starting a day by looking out of my window into a dark rainy day. A morning filled with sunlight was always so exciting. Sunlight filtered through the window at the far end of my hall the moment I drew the curtains and it instantly cheered me up. But not this Sunday. It was a cloudy day. Finally I made up my mind. I decided to get out of the bed and start the day. I crawled from under the blanket, sat up at the edge of my bed and put my feet down. I didnt feel anything coz my feet were still firmly planted on the warmth of the small carpet just beside the cot. With much difficulty I pulled myself up to my feet and stood up. I tried to walk, but I was groggy. I started walking towards the bathroom, I put my foot on the bare tiled floor. It was like I stepped on to a nail board. The floor was ice cold. Luckily I found my toilet slippers next to the small carpet, which I carelessly left the previous night before I dozzed off. The first thing I do every morning is walk into the hall, draw the curtains and let the sunlight seep in. But there is no Sun out there this day. I knew it. The mood was sulky. Instead of walking into the hall, I marched into the bathroom and got myself engaged in the morning "rituals".

A mug of hot coffee was the best way to rev up the mood. I walked into my small but cozy kitchen. Now you all know how coffee is made. I made coffee the same way everyone else makes it too. I walked into my hall towards my computer table, coffee mug in one hand. Started the computer, carefully placed the coffee mug on my left hand side of the table and waited for the computer to boot up. It was not too early in the day so I found some of my friends online. There comes the first message....

Friend: "Hey whats up..? Had your breakfast??"
Me: "Hmmm just got up yar......havin ma coffee...where are you?"
Friend: "I am in my room......howz your weekend?"
Me: "..oh..hmm ...my weekend.....its a wet weekend yar....oh huh...i mean a rainy weekend"

4 comments:

  1. Well written, Premu. Keep going . Keep writing
    nandakumar, dubai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pramod!
    Finally u write...Great style & way with words u have. Enjoyed reading it :)

    Hope this is just the beginning of many more ....

    cheers...
    koshy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. why did it end abruptly ?or did i miss some thing ? anyways good writing...keep writing

    sheetal

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts

Recent Posts